Featured Post

Twenty Practical Steps to Better Corporate Governance | The Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA)

Twenty Practical Steps to Better Corporate Governance | The Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA) Please click the li...

Monday, June 12, 2017

IDG Contributor Network: Follow the ‘no scroll’ rule with email

http://ift.tt/eA8V8J
Leave shorter voicemails.

— My boss’s boss, circa 1995

Earlier in my career, my employer used an old voicemail system (Octel, if you are flashing back with me) that, at the start of a voicemail, would report the time a message was sent and who sent it. Nonetheless, one morning I apparently left a message saying, “Hi, it’s Paul. I hope you had a good weekend. It’s Monday morning at 7, and want to get together this afternoon to talk about <blank>.”

The response I got back was, “1 p.m. in my office. Leave shorter voicemails.”

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

June 12, 2017 at 04:05PM

http://ift.tt/2sjVGlF

from Paul T. Cottey

http://ift.tt/2sjVGlF


No comments:

Post a Comment