Hi /r/Startups, I’ve got a nice idea for a startup that I want to create, it is an app that delivers specific content to users.
I’m a capable software engineer by trade, so I am planning on designing, and engineering the app myself, however my question is how to attain funding to pay for the assets.
What I need are 15 minute videos of specific content, and 15 minute voice acting samples of scripts. They are critical to my app, and the higher the quality of the assets the more attractive and useful my app will be to users.
I’ll need about 10-20 of the assets to begin with, doing some research on figures, a high end professional voice actor costs about $5000-$10000 for a day’s work, which would most likely be sufficient for my apps purposes.
The videos would be cheaper as I would be using already recorded footage, I would just need to purchase the rights to them, which I would put a cap at $5000 for.
So in totality, the funding I would ask for would be $15,000 for an app that I believe would turn a much larger profit.
My question is, what are the steps involved in the process of attaining funds like this? I would be more than willing to put together a demo of the app, and a presentation explaining my vision and market indicators of its success. But who do I take this to, a VC? a bank? Are there any guides, resources, or books that explain how to do this?
Would truly appreciate any info regarding this, thank you so much r/Startups!
submitted by /u/PrawDuhJee
[link] [comments]
May 02, 2017 at 01:23AM
from /u/PrawDuhJee
No comments:
Post a Comment