Featured Post

Twenty Practical Steps to Better Corporate Governance | The Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA)

Twenty Practical Steps to Better Corporate Governance | The Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA) Please click the li...

Monday, April 24, 2017

Virgin Trains refused to refund £293 after I forgot my railcard

http://ift.tt/2oCB4z6

5760.jpg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Train operator says I must send in the new tickets I had to buy on the train, but the barrier retained them when we returned home

In January my wife and I and three daughters travelled to Euston from Chester for a weekend in London. We bought tickets in December by phone from the Llandrindod Wells ticket office, which were posted to us.

On the day of travel we realised we had left our family railcard at home and had to pay £293.65 for new tickets to the helpful train manager. It was explained that we would need to contact Virgin and demonstrate we had a valid card to get a refund.

Continue reading…

April 24, 2017 at 11:54AM

http://ift.tt/2pbNvpr

from Rebecca Smithers

http://ift.tt/2pbNvpr


No comments:

Post a Comment