Featured Post

Twenty Practical Steps to Better Corporate Governance | The Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA)

Twenty Practical Steps to Better Corporate Governance | The Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA) Please click the li...

Sunday, April 2, 2017

As a software engineer, should I negotiate up my salary instead of more equity?

http://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Startup in question is 1-10 employees in size. Their stated range is from $55k to $60k. Equity is less than 1%. They're looking for an experienced software engineer, not quite senior level though.

Should I just push up in salary instead of equity? The company is less than a year old and have no idea when they'll exit if they ever do. This would be the first time I have ever worked as an employee for a startup, all the other companies I've worked only as a contractor. I would like to start my desired salary at $70k and negotiate from there.

submitted by /u/ExitingTheDonut
[link] [comments]

April 02, 2017 at 07:17AM

http://ift.tt/2oo2AUT

from /u/ExitingTheDonut

http://ift.tt/2oo2AUT

No comments:

Post a Comment