So I was reading the Clinton and Macron threads on Twitter today and its seems almost everyone was parroting the Russia narrative. And these weren’t trolls and media shills; they were mostly normies. Does nobody think for themselves anymore? Do they just believe everything they’re told? Am I a fucking conspiracy theorist to know bullshit when I smell it?
Seriously, Russia has been the bogeyman for the better part of a century now. If you’re writing a story, whether book, movie, game, or apparently news article and you have no creativity at all, they’re the default villain to go with. And why not? Apparently nobody knows anything about Russia so you can just say whatever you want and people won’t know any better.
I’m not saying, of course, that Russia’s reputation is not undeserved. The Cold War was a thing, and in the past spying and subterfuge was real. But McCarthyism was also a thing. Don’t they teach that in school still? Was I forced to watch (and do homework on) that godawful Crucible movie for nothing?
According to information released by the FBI, Hillary’s email server was a shitty old Dell running Active Directory and Exchange on Windows 2003 with Remote Desktop enabled and wide open. A child could have hacked that, but no, clearly it must be Russia. I’m losing my hope for humanity here, and I’m too young to become a cynic. Help me out here, folks.
Edit: Those of you who believe the Russia narrative, I’m curious what you guys think Russia’s motive is. Is Russia just forever on an evil crusade to take over the world?
submitted by /u/whazzat1970
[link] [comments]
May 07, 2017 at 03:21PM
from /u/whazzat1970
No comments:
Post a Comment