Featured Post

Twenty Practical Steps to Better Corporate Governance | The Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA)

Twenty Practical Steps to Better Corporate Governance | The Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA) Please click the li...

Saturday, May 27, 2017

An appealing proposition

http://ift.tt/eA8V8J

The NCUA board unveiled proposed regulations yesterday which, taken as a whole, would create a more formal and uniform appellate process by which credit unions could appeal regulator determinations. Although these changes may not seem all that important, they are actually much needed reforms that are long overdue. Another proposal would mandate that members have more information before voting on voluntary mergers.

Here is why you should care:

First in the interest of full disclosure, as I started reading through these proposals last night after turning on game 7 of the Stanley Cup playoffs, I fell asleep faster than an old man in a nursing home after taking his evening meds. As a result, I will be describing these in more detail in the coming weeks as I seek credit union feedback. But for this morning there is one specific aspect of the proposal that I want to highlight.

The post An appealing proposition appeared first on CUInsight.

May 27, 2017 at 02:52AM

http://ift.tt/2rZoaOt

from Felix Gomez

http://ift.tt/2rZoaOt


No comments:

Post a Comment