I just bought my first Emco, a v10, the person that owned it had passed away and the people that I bought it from said it was 3 phase (the plug had 4 prongs) and I was unable to try it out on site. I got it home and bought a vfd for it and was told that I should hook the vfd directly to the motors and bypass all existing lathe electric controls but when I opened up the back I saw that the power cord had a red, black, white and green, which I think would be a 1 phase 220v set up. I looked at the wiring diagram in the manual and for 1 phase it showed a capacitor and sure enough there was the capacitor setting in the switch box but only one and the 1 phase shows one for the lathe and one for the mill. But the 1 phase diagram showed only 2 wires running in to the switch box and I have three (2 in the front of the relay 1 running to the back which I guess could be a neutral ) and the 3 phase shows 3 wires. I was unable to tell by looking at the motor ID plate if it is 1 or 3 phase. So I’m not sure at this point what I have. The vertical mill motor wiring seems to match the 1 phase diagram but the lathe motor looks more like the 3 phase diagram. It does say 220 on both motor ID plates If anyone could tell me what I have I would appreciate it.
April 04, 2017 at 01:44AM
http://ift.tt/2ouUOZp
from dscoffin
http://ift.tt/2ouUOZp
No comments:
Post a Comment