Featured Post

Twenty Practical Steps to Better Corporate Governance | The Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA)

Twenty Practical Steps to Better Corporate Governance | The Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA) Please click the li...

Sunday, April 16, 2017

The legend of GEAPP

http://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Ok, so I found a post about this but it was archived so I can’t comment on it. I want to just put my story out there so that I can be part of the conversation, and maybe finally get some form of “closure”. So, I’m a senior, and in my freshman year I joined my school’s Investment Club. The main thing in the club was the stock market game on Marketwatch.com (#notsponsored) One day, while I was doing my day trading, in the hot stocks bar at the bottom of the page, I saw a stock whose symbol was “GEAPP” and it was up 1,000%. I decided to watch the stock on the site, and when I checked it later that week, I found that it had fallen from $100,000 to $1,000, a 99% drop. I left it in my watchlist to see what would happen, and one month later it repeated itself, jumping 1,000% one day and dropping 99% the next. I decided to take advantage of this and, on the day it went up, I put it in my phone’s calendar for a month later. I got my alert from the calendar a month later, put all of my money into GEAPP, and, sure enough, it went up to $100,000. In one day I went from just over $100,000 to over $1,000,000 (I didn’t know about shorting at the time so I didn’t short it, but imagine if I had!) I ended up doing this a few more times (not with all of my money, unfortunately; market caps) and I ended up getting pretty rich off of it (I came in third since 2 other people stole the move from me). I tried to do some research on the stock but all I could find was it was called “General Electric Appliances”, it was traded on the OTC Markets, and a second stock on the European markets under the symbol “GEA”. I found literally nothing else except for the convo I mentioned earlier. Does anyone have any other information about it?

submitted by /u/cypothingy
[link] [comments]

April 16, 2017 at 01:59AM

http://ift.tt/2nPjEDH

from /u/cypothingy

http://ift.tt/2nPjEDH


No comments:

Post a Comment