Featured Post

Twenty Practical Steps to Better Corporate Governance | The Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA)

Twenty Practical Steps to Better Corporate Governance | The Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA) Please click the li...

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Privacy - my checklist; add yours.

http://ift.tt/eA8V8J

In the spirit of recent events, what is your ultimate privacy list?

VPN - Last year I have read the article that PIA and vyprVPN were some of few that did not have DNS leaks; But any is better than none. Using also VPN on the phone when connecting to open WiFi-s, with kill switch on (although your mail, FB, photo backup, twitter is supposed to use HTTPS anyway).

Encrypting your USB keys - My Sandisk keys and WD HDDs have their own encryption, and I think that is enough in case of loosing them. Otherwise, VeraCrypt is good enough.

Personal stuff in VeraCrypt encrypted file container, if synced to OneDrive/Dropbox/Box/GoogleDrive...

Get off cloud storage services - I got Synology NAS that I use as my personal cloud, my music and video server, Android photo backup, and syncing files between computer. It uses HTTPS.

Youtube likes switch to private, Amazon wishlist private, Facebook "Who can see..." to Friends only and not accepting random people; not using FB and Twitter apps or connecting to services using their Auth.

What else do you do?

submitted by /u/t3chguy1
[link] [comments]

April 02, 2017 at 06:48AM

http://ift.tt/2oM8TOD

from /u/t3chguy1

http://ift.tt/2oM8TOD

No comments:

Post a Comment