Featured Post

Twenty Practical Steps to Better Corporate Governance | The Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA)

Twenty Practical Steps to Better Corporate Governance | The Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA) Please click the li...

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Beverage can business Idea and acquiring/testing packaging. Wholesale questions

http://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Hello! First time posting and longtime redditor and fan of r/startups.

My open ended question:

How do I get a hold of small quantities of beverage cans from wholesalers for testing??

This has been our biggest hurdle while developing our new drink. I understand can wholesalers ask for bulk orders but I can’t seem to convince anyone to send me sample quantities of empty cans and tops. This was surprisingly one of the harder parts of development, worrying about the packaging of the drink. I guess this topic expands further into wholesale parts and products, which brings up the broader question:

Are there any written/unwritten rules or tips when working with wholesalers or just wholesale products in general?

I am genuinely curious now how that industry works. This is the first time Ive encountered a product that is not sold in small quantities but plays a pivotal role in the business. I cannot and do not want to commit to ordering several thousand pieces of packaging (cans) without first trying out different cans, sizes, and different closures. This includes testing whether I have the right tooling and procedure for the beverage packaging. Is there some magic words, or convincing emails/calls to wholesalers to convince them to sell a few pieces to a possible client?

Thank you for reading and responding!

submitted by /u/A_commoner
[link] [comments]

April 15, 2017 at 09:28PM

http://ift.tt/2pmL5li

from /u/A_commoner

http://ift.tt/2pmL5li


No comments:

Post a Comment