Featured Post

Twenty Practical Steps to Better Corporate Governance | The Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA)

Twenty Practical Steps to Better Corporate Governance | The Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA) Please click the li...

Friday, March 31, 2017

I’m a Deliveroo rider. Collective action is the only way we’ll get a fair deal | Callum Cant

http://ift.tt/eA8V8J
After struggling with falling earnings and no sick pay or insurance, we realised that only by organising will we improve wages and conditions in the gig economy

I started working for Deliveroo in Brighton last summer. At first, it wasn’t a bad job, but month by month I noticed my earnings declining. We’re paid £4 per drop, with no hourly rate, and I was having to wait longer and longer for each new order. Even though I was getting more efficient and learning how to get around the city faster, I was making a lower hourly rate.

Related: Deliveroo riders plan legal action over employment rights

Continue reading...

March 31, 2017 at 05:40PM

http://ift.tt/2nquBaA

from Callum Cant

http://ift.tt/2nquBaA

No comments:

Post a Comment