Featured Post

Twenty Practical Steps to Better Corporate Governance | The Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA)

Twenty Practical Steps to Better Corporate Governance | The Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA) Please click the li...

Thursday, March 30, 2017

How long will I be able to avoid the cloud?

http://ift.tt/2odYyP0

4950.jpg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Brian likes to have everything on his own Windows PC and doesn’t want to share anything with others. Can he avoid using the cloud?

How long will I be able to continue avoiding the cloud? I mean things like Microsoft accounts (my computers all use Windows 10), Facebook, Google and so on. I like everything to be stored on my computer and I don’t need to “share” stuff with others, but I have a feeling that Microsoft and others want everyone to sign up. BJG

It’s almost impossible to avoid the cloud now, because of the movement of commercial and government services to the web, the multiplication of computing devices and the rapid growth in smartphones. These different trends reinforce one another.

Continue reading...

March 30, 2017 at 02:08PM

http://ift.tt/2oBA6Dm

from Jack Schofield

http://ift.tt/2oBA6Dm

No comments:

Post a Comment